Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I think we run ourselves ragged (and in this country... By choice! Really? Geeze.) We barely attempt to check in on our energy level, mood, and spirit. How much better off would we be if we could truly rest and meditate throughout the day? I was sullen all day and getting bluer and bluer until meditation class this evening. Now I feel blessed and serene, just by creating some space between my anxious thoughts. I should have closed my eyes for awhile at around 11am today,but of course I started having a headache instead. If only rather than industry we valued quality energy and contentment in this economy, motivating us to consider "lifer" careers at our companies by showing us the company has our back if we need to slow down and breathe and reflect - we just might see the excellence everyone could bring to the table. Yes, I am grumpy that we can't take nap breaks at work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment